Re: Is my standby fully connected?

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Is my standby fully connected?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I just setup my databases and got this LOG:

LOG:  database system was shut down in recovery at 2015-06-01 13:31:21 EDT
LOG:  entering standby mode
LOG:  redo starts at 0/67000278
LOG:  consistent recovery state reached at 0/67000350
LOG:  record with zero length at 0/67000350
LOG:  database system is ready to accept read only connections
LOG:  started streaming WAL from primary at 0/67000000 on timeline 1

Sounds good to me.

And it always stays like this, i never get a message like:
LOG:   streaming replication successfully connected to primary

Additionally, i cannot run queries such as:
psql -c "SELECT pg_current_xlog_location()" -h192.168.0.10

...to calculate replication lag, I get the following message:
ERROR: recovery is in progress
HINT: WAL control functions cannot be executed during recovery

Can someone please tell me what is going on?

This is just what it's supposed to be. And it tells you exactly that. You cannot use pg_current_xlog_location() on a slave.

Check pg_stat_replication view on the master.