Re: PostGIS 2.2+ package for PostgreSQL on Debian 7

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: PostGIS 2.2+ package for PostgreSQL on Debian 7
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Guillaume Lelarge 2017-11-22 <CAECtzeXbyLVpo99XetEJ_6ROo_G=+t9VdQRHwNqd0Y5ZewFnaA@mail.gmail.com>
> I'm looking for a PostGIS 2.2 (or later) package for PostgreSQL 10 on
> Debian 7. The only PostGIS package available for PostgreSQL 10 seems to be
> 2.4, which could work for me, but the Debian version doesn't go below 8,
> which obviously won't work for me.
>
> As far as I can tell, there's no PostGIS package for Debian 7 and
> PostgreSQL 10. Is it intentional (for example for some technical issue) or
> was it forgotten somehow?

Hi Guillaume,

sorry for the latish response.

No worry :)

There are no PostgreSQL 10 packages in Wheezy(-pgdg) because the
current PostGIS version needs Geos >= 3.4 which Wheezy doesn't have.

Sounds completely reasonable.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume.