Re: Usage of epoch in txid_current

От EMMA Jade ANDERSON
Тема Re: Usage of epoch in txid_current
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Round pegs fit into square holes when the peg is smaller.,..

Hey why did the chicken follow Simon off the ledge?
Just because he told him to?!! Was he really trying to get home, did he find out the hard way things no one else knows but what he had learnt on the other side, just to let you know.... you don't ever really die. Plan to stay. I know enough to now....

The grass is not greener. There are not ten virgins for each man. The women are equals and love to suck Dick just as much as ya mother. Don't laugh just yet,,.. at this 13th generation level we are all pretty much related. And i am the original original, along with my brothers and your God, a princess to a King, stolen long long ago, Now doing a shit tonne better thank you, for asking.

Thanks for the flowers,,,,, I never got. Thanks for the love though... I did feel that.

 I'm one month sober.

It was only when I died again did I get all the secrets that only the dead get and forget before living again just to tell you.,, im alive and i have insider knowledge, you'd pay zillions for!

I jumped into that portal and landed right back where you put me. Now not so glitchy,,, though money alludes me, I see all the numbers in a matrix like Neo, only on my computer screen,,, this world is real, and so am I. Flowers smell beautiful, and look precious.... crystals are purposeful and magic... the sky is an ever changing scenescape that words can only ever scrape the surface of in trying to describe it's magnificence, whatever the weather.

I'm solo. In need of some close up cuddling with Jonathan aka Andrew or whatever you chose, you know who you are. Hurry up, cos I miss you like crazy.... in this secured medicated snow globe I'm safe in right now. All I need is you.

Love your guts,
Em XO
Aka: Surety

On Wed, 27 Mar. 2019, 22:45 Thomas Munro, <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 12:58 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 3:23 AM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> > Looks good.

I did some testing and proof-reading and made a few minor changes:

* I tidied up the code that serialises transaction state.  It was
already hammering round pegs into square holes, and the previous patch
made that even worse, so I added a new struct
SerializedTransactionState to do this properly.

* I open-coded Get{Current,Top}TransactionId[IfAny](), rather than
having them call the "Full" variants, so that nobody could accuse me
of adding an extra function call that might not be inlined.  It's just
a couple of lines anyway.

* I kept the name GetNewTransactionId(), since it's referred to in
many places in comments etc.  Previously I had called it
GetNewFullTransactionId() and had GetNewTransactionId() just call that
and truncate to 32 bits, but there wasn't much point without an
in-tree caller for the narrow version.  If there is any out-of-tree
code calling this, it will now fail to compile thanks to our
non-convertible return type.

These are the patches I'm planning to push tomorrow.

I still need to look into Andres's suggestion about getting rid of
epoch from various user interfaces and showing 64 bit numbers.  I
should probably also find a place in the relevant README to explain
this new scheme.  I will post follow-up patches for those.

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com