Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows

От Ashutosh Sharma
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> writes:
>> Anyways, attached is the patch that corrects this issue. The patch now
>> imports all the switches used by perl into plperl module but, after
>> doing so, i am seeing some compilation errors on Windows. Following is
>> the error observed,
>
>> SPI.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol PerlProc_setjmp
>> referenced in function do_plperl_return_next
>
> That's certainly a mess, but how come that wasn't happening before?

Earlier we were using Perl-5.20 version which i think didn't have handshaking mechanism. From perl-5.22 onwards, the functions like Perl_xs_handshake() or HS_KEY were introduced for handshaking purpose and to ensure that the handshaking between plperl and perl doesn't fail, we are now trying to import the switches used by  perl into plperl. As a result of this, macros like PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS is getting defined in plperl which eventually opens the following definitions from XSUB.h resulting in the compilation error.

   499 #if defined(PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS) && !defined(PERL_CORE)
    518 #    undef ioctl
    519 #    undef getlogin
    520 #    undef setjmp

    651 #    define times               PerlProc_times
    652 #    define wait                PerlProc_wait
    653 #    define setjmp              PerlProc_setjmp

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma