Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows

От Ashutosh Sharma
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pl/perl extension fails on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 6:04 PM, Andrew Dunstan
<andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 07/13/2017 08:08 AM, Ashutosh Sharma wrote:
>>
>> After doing some study, I could understand that Util.c is generated
>> from Util.xs by xsubpp compiler at build time. This is being done in
>> Mkvcbuild.pm file in postgres. If I manually replace
>> 'dXSBOOTARGSAPIVERCHK' macro with 'dXSBOOTARGSNOVERCHK' macro in
>> src/pl/plperl/Util.c, the things work fine. The diff is as follows,
>>
>> XS_EXTERNAL(boot_PostgreSQL__InServer__Util)
>> {
>> #if PERL_VERSION_LE(5, 21, 5)
>>     dVAR; dXSARGS;
>> #else
>> -    dVAR; dXSBOOTARGSAPIVERCHK;
>> +    dVAR; dXSBOOTARGSNOVERCHK;
>>
>> I need to further investigate, but let me know if you have any ideas.
>

> Good job hunting this down!
>

> One suggestion I saw in a little googling was that we add this to the XS
> file after the inclusion of XSUB.h:
>
>     #undef dXSBOOTARGSAPIVERCHK
>     #define dXSBOOTARGSAPIVERCHK dXSBOOTARGSNOVERCHK

Thanks for that suggestion. It was really helpful. I think, the point
is, in XSUB.h, the macro 'dXSBOOTARGSXSAPIVERCHK' has been redefined
for novercheck but surprisingly it hasn't been done for
'dXSBOOTARGSAPIVERCHK' macro and that could be the reason why we want
to redefine it in the XS file after including XSUB.h file. Attached is
the patch that redefines 'dXSBOOTARGSAPIVERCHK' in Util.xs and SPI.xs
files. Please have a look into the attached patch and let me know your
comments. Thanks.

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma