Re: [HACKERS] pageinspect: Hash index support

От Ashutosh Sharma
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pageinspect: Hash index support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Jesper,

> * Rename convert_ovflblkno_to_bitno to _hash_ovflblkno_to_bitno
>
> Such that there is only 1 method, which is exposed

Okay, Thanks. It makes sense.

> * Readded pageinspect--1.6.sql
>
> In order to have the latest pageinspect interface in 1 file, as we need
> something to install from.

I think there should be no problem even if we simply add
pageinspect--1.5--1.6.sql file instead of removing 1.5.sql as with the
latest changes to the create extension infrastructure in postgresql it
automatically finds a lower version script if unable to find the
default version script and then upgrade it to the latest version.

> Removing --1.5.sql otherwise would give
>
> test=# CREATE EXTENSION "pageinspect";
> ERROR:  extension "pageinspect" has no installation script nor update path
> for version "1.6"

I didn't get this. Do you mean to say that if you add 1.6.sql and do
not remove 1.5.sql you get this error when trying to add pageinspect
module. I didn't
get any such error. See below,

postgres=# create extension pageinspect WITH VERSION '1.6';
CREATE EXTENSION

> * Minor documentation changes
>
> Look it over, and maybe there is a simple test case we can add for this.

Peter has already written a test-case-[1] based on your earlier patch
for supporting hash index with pageinspect module. Once the latest
patch (v10) becomes stable i will share a separete patch having a
test-case for hash index. Infact I will try to modify an already
existing patch by Peter.

[1]-https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/bcf8c21b-702e-20a7-a4b0-236ed2363d84%402ndquadrant.com

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Push down more full joins in postgres_fdw
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Push down more full joins in postgres_fdw