Re: Zedstore - compressed in-core columnar storage

От Ashutosh Sharma
Тема Re: Zedstore - compressed in-core columnar storage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 8:10 AM Alexandra Wang <lewang@pivotal.io> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 4:15 AM Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> create table t1(a int, b int) using zedstore;
>> insert into t1 select i, i+10 from generate_series(1, 1000000) i;
>> postgres=# update t1 set b = 200;
>> server closed the connection unexpectedly
>> This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>> before or while processing the request.
>> The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Failed.
>>
>> Above update statement crashed due to some extensive memory leak.
>

> Thank you for reporting! We have located the memory leak and also
> noticed some other memory related bugs. We are working on the fixes
> please stay tuned!

Cool. As I suspected earlier, it's basically "ZedstoreAMTupleBuffers"
context that is completely exhausting the memory and it is being used
to spool the tuples.

>> I also found some typos when going through the writeup in
>> zedstore_internal.h and thought of correcting those. Attached is the
>> patch with the changes.
>

> Applied. Thank you!

Thanks for that.

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma

Сообщение: Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables
Сообщение: Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables