Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints

От Ashutosh Sharma
Тема Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I am getting the below error when running the same test-case that Neha shared in her previous email.

ERROR:  55000: some relations of database "test1" are already in tablespace "tab1"
HINT:  You must move them back to the database's default tablespace before using this command.
LOCATION:  movedb, dbcommands.c:1555

test-case:
========
create tablespace tab1 location '/home/ashu/test1';
create tablespace tab location '/home/ashu/test';

create database test tablespace tab;
\c test

create table t(a int primary key, b text);

create or replace function large_val() returns text language sql as 'select array_agg(md5(g::text))::text from generate_series(1, 256) g';

insert into t values (generate_series(1,100000), large_val());

alter table t set tablespace tab1 ;

\c postgres
create database test1 template test;

\c test1
alter table t set tablespace tab;

\c postgres
alter database test1 set tablespace tab1; -- this fails with  the given error.

Observations:
===========
Please note that before running above alter database statement, the table 't'  is moved to tablespace 'tab' from 'tab1' so not sure why ReadDir() is returning true when searching for table 't' in tablespace 'tab1'. It should have returned NULL here:

 while ((xlde = ReadDir(dstdir, dst_dbpath)) != NULL)
        {
            if (strcmp(xlde->d_name, ".") == 0 ||
                strcmp(xlde->d_name, "..") == 0)
                continue;

            ereport(ERROR,
                    (errcode(ERRCODE_OBJECT_NOT_IN_PREREQUISITE_STATE),
                     errmsg("some relations of database \"%s\" are already in tablespace \"%s\"",
                            dbname, tblspcname),
                     errhint("You must move them back to the database's default tablespace before using this command.")));
        }

Also, if I run the checkpoint explicitly before executing the above alter database statement, this error doesn't appear which means it only happens with the new changes because earlier we were doing the force checkpoint at the end of createdb statement.

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma.