Re: [HACKERS] Warnings "unrecognized node type" for some DDLs withlog_statement = 'ddl'

От Ashutosh Sharma
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Warnings "unrecognized node type" for some DDLs withlog_statement = 'ddl'
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While reviewing another patch, I have bumped into a couple of failures
> when running installcheck if log_statement = 'ddl'. This pops
> regression failures for 4 tests: object_address, alter_generic,
> alter_operator and stats_ext involving commands CREATE STATISTICS and
> ALTER OPERATOR.
>
> You can as well reproduce the failures using simply that:
> =# create table aa (a int, b int);
> CREATE TABLE
> =# CREATE STATISTICS aa_stat ON a, b FROM aa;
> WARNING:  01000: unrecognized node type: 332
> LOCATION:  GetCommandLogLevel, utility.c:3357
> ERROR:  42P17: extended statistics require at least 2 columns
> LOCATION:  CreateStatistics, statscmds.c:220
> =# ALTER OPERATOR = (boolean, boolean) SET (RESTRICT = NONE);
> WARNING:  01000: unrecognized node type: 294
> LOCATION:  GetCommandLogLevel, utility.c:3357
> ALTER OPERATOR
>
> Attached is a patch to fix all the failures I have spotted. As CREATE
> STATISTICS is new in PG10, I am adding an open item as things come
> from 7b504eb2. The problems of ALTER OPERATOR are introduced by 9.6.
> Still I would suggest to fix everything at the same time. The problem
> comes from GetCommandLogLevel() which forgot to add T_CreateStatsStmt
> and T_AlterOperatorStmt. I have noticed as well that
> T_AlterCollationStmt was missing.

Hmm...I am also able to reproduce the failures reported by you. Your
patch does solve the problem. Just to confirm if we are still missing
TAGS for any other Statement nodes, I had a quick look into the list
given in 'nodes.h' file but couldn't find any missing nodes. So, yes,
your patch does solve the problem completely and looks good to me.
Thanks.

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma