Re: [HACKERS] Add pgstathashindex() to get hash index table statistics.

От Ashutosh Sharma
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Add pgstathashindex() to get hash index table statistics.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> I think the calculation for max available spcae is wrong here. You
> should subtract the page header and special area from the total page size.
> A check for non-zero denominator should be added while calculating the
> percentage.
> There can be multiple bitmap pages. Right?

Yes, we can have multiple bitmap pages. I have adjusted the
calculation for free space percentage accordingly. Please check the
attached v2 patch.

> +    values[10] = Float8GetDatum(free_percent);
> Some precision should be added.

Corrected. Please refer v2 patch.

> +       <row>
> +        <entry><structfield>ffactor</structfield></entry>
> +        <entry>Average number of tuples per bucket</entry>
> +       </row>
> I feel that either the column name should be changed or it should
> just output how full the index method is in percentage.

Fixed. Refer to v2 patch.

> +   </varlistentry>
> +
> +
> +   <varlistentry>
> Please remove extra spaces.

Done. Please refer to v2 patch.

> And, please add some test cases for regression tests.

Added a test-case. Please check v2 patch attached with this mail.

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma.