Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Change the way that LWLocks for extensions are allocated.

От Ashutosh Sharma
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Change the way that LWLocks for extensions are allocated.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I have started with the review for this patch and would like to share
some of my initial review comments that requires author's attention.

1) I am getting some trailing whitespace errors when trying to apply
this patch using git apply command. Following are the error messages i
am getting.

[edb@localhost postgresql]$ git apply test_pg_stat_statements-v1.patch
test_pg_stat_statements-v1.patch:28: trailing whitespace.   $(MAKE) -C $(top_builddir)/src/test/regress all
test_pg_stat_statements-v1.patch:41: space before tab in indent.    $(REGRESSCHECKS)
warning: 2 lines add whitespace errors.

2) The test-case you have added is failing that is because queryid is
going to be different every time you execute the test-case. I think it
would be better to remove the queryid column from "SELECT queryid,
query, calls, rows from pg_stat_statements ORDER BY rows". Below is
the output i got upon test-case execution.

make regresscheck

============== running regression test queries        ==============
test pg_stat_statements       ... FAILED
============== shutting down postmaster               ==============

3) Ok. As you mentioned upthread, I do agree with the fact that we
can't add pg_stat_statements tests for installcheck as this module
requires shared_preload_libraries to be set. But, if there is an
already existing installation with pg_stat_statements module loaded we
should allow the test to run on this installation if requested
explicitly by the user. I think we can add some target like
'installcheck-force' in the MakeFile that would help the end users to
run the test on his own installation. Thoughts?

Also, I am changed the status in the commit-fest from "Needs review"
to "waiting on Author".