Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints

От Ashutosh Sharma
Тема Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
+       /*
+        * If the relation is from the default tablespace then we need to
+        * create it in the destinations db's default tablespace.  Otherwise,
+        * we need to create in the same tablespace as it is in the source
+        * database.
+        */

This comment looks a bit confusing to me especially because when we say destination db's default tablespace people may think of pg_default tablespace (at least I think so). Basically what you are trying to say here - "If the relation exists in the same tablespace as the src database, then in the destination db also it should be the same or something like that.. " So, why not put it that way instead of referring to it as the default tablespace. It's just my view. If you disagree you can ignore it.

--

+       else if (src_dboid == dst_dboid)
+           continue;

There is an extra semicolon here.

--
With Regards,
Ashutosh Sharma.

On Sun, Dec 12, 2021 at 1:39 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 7:39 AM Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Logfile Snippet:
>> 2021-12-09 17:49:18.110 +04 [18151] PANIC:  could not fsync file "base/116398/116400": No such file or directory
>> 2021-12-09 17:49:19.105 +04 [18150] LOG:  checkpointer process (PID 18151) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted
>> 2021-12-09 17:49:19.105 +04 [18150] LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
>

> This is different from the issue you raised earlier. As Dilip said, we need to unregister sync requests for files that got successfully copied to the target database, but the overall alter database statement failed. We are doing this when the database is created successfully, but not when it fails.
> Probably doing the same inside the cleanup function movedb_failure_callback() should fix the problem.

Correct, I have done this cleanup, apart from this we have dropped the
fsyc request in create database failure case as well and also need to
drop buffer in error case of creatdb as well as movedb.  I have also
fixed the other issue for which you gave the patch (a bit differently)
basically, in case of movedb the source and destination dboid are same
so we don't need an additional parameter and also readjusted the
conditions to avoid nested if.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar