Re: issues when installing postgres

От Antonio Silva
Тема Re: issues when installing postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi, I sent a copy of this messagem to pgsql-general

Thanks

Hello! I need some help.

I bought a new computer and I installed Ubuntu 18.04 and after PostgreSQL.
sudo apt install postgresql postgresql-contrib pgadmin3

Nevertheless I had some issues with configuration files and decided to uninstall it completely
sudo apt purge postgresql postgresql-contrib pgadmin3

When I installed it again I notice that postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf were the oldies files. Then I uninstall Postgres once more and removed the directory /etc/postgresql/

After a new install I noticed that the directory /etc/postgresql/ was completely empty - it was not created again. There are no more postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf files. I could find only postgresql.conf.sample and pg_hba.conf.sample at /usr/share/postgresql/10

/etc/init.d/postgresql status says that Postgres is running fine

● postgresql.service - PostgreSQL RDBMS
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/postgresql.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (exited) since Tue 2018-05-08 10:43:23 -03; 1h 55min ago
Process: 6451 ExecStart=/bin/true (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 6451 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

What should I have to do to heve the folder /etc/postgresql/10/ ... and all its files agais?

I really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

All the best

--
Antônio Olinto Ávila da Silva

--