Re: [External] Re: Geographical multi-master replication

От Vijaykumar Jain
Тема Re: [External] Re: Geographical multi-master replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I do not know the use case but we did try the following.
We had a small requirement wrt some regional data written to tables but needs to be available to all regions.
We made use of logical replication to replicate/publish  each local table to all the other regions ( like a many to many)
In theory, if there were no network delay all regions will have all the data at any point of time.
If there is a wan outage b/w A and B,
They both still talk to C and c can be considered the region with more correct data, till we have others recovered.

basically given we had disjoint data, we were able to make use of this feature.

And it it definitely not for HA, there are other options for it.

On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 at 11:16 AM Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de> wrote:

Am 25.01.19 um 06:10 schrieb Jeremy Finzel:

>     The problem is that the version for BDR 1.0.7, which has an
>     implementation for postgres 9.4, will be on end of live at the end
>     of this year. Unfortunately the paid solution is out of our
>     budget, so we currently have two options: find an alternative or
>     remove the multi-region implementation. We are currently looking
>     for alternatives.
>

> You are missing all of the alternatives here.  Why don't you consider
> upgrading from postgres 9.4 and with it to a supported version of
> BDR?  There is nothing better you can do to keep your infrastructure
> up to date, performant, secure, and actually meet your multi-master
> needs than to upgrade to a newer version of postgres which does have
> BDR support.
>
> Even "stock" postgres 9.4 is set for end of life soon. Upgrade!

ACK!

Sure, you have to pay for a support contract, and this isn't for free,
but you will get a first-class support for BDR. If you really needs a
worldwide distributed multi-master solution you should be able to buy that.

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com

--

Regards,
Vijay

Сообщение: Re: [pgbackrest] Expiring the last backup?
Сообщение: Re: [pgbackrest] Expiring the last backup?