Re: PL/R install, no pgxs available

От Daniel Cole
Тема Re: PL/R install, no pgxs available
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Joe and John,

You are right.  I all needed was that dev package. On Ubuntu 4.4.3.   I ran: sudo apt-get install postgresql-server-dev-9.1

and then ran through the PLR install with no problem.

Thanks so much for the help.

Daniel

Daniel Cole

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
On 04/30/2012 06:31 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
>> On 04/30/12 8:04 PM, Daniel Cole wrote:
>>> I am running/*USE_PGXS=1 make*/ in my PLR directory and it returns:
>>>
>>> /Makefile:36: /usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/pgxs
>

> oops, on the RHEL6 yum install, thats
>
>     /usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/pgxs
>
> but as I said, that stuff is all in the -devel package, so maybe on your
> system, its something similar.

Agreed -- he is missing the development package. It isn't clear to me
how he installed postgres in the first place nor which distribution
(maybe I missed it though...), but given this I would guess that the R
development package is missing as well (needed for R headers and libR.so
I believe...)

Joe

--
Joe Conway