Re: r there downsides to explicitly naming a pk column xxxx_pk

От john snow
Тема Re: r there downsides to explicitly naming a pk column xxxx_pk
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
it 4am here right now sorry :-)

i'm talking about the name of the column holding the data.  I mentioned the fk constraint naming part only because we've decided on suffixing the constraint name with an "fk", and i guess that led to his suggestion of suffixing a table's pk column with "pk". for example: we have a table named "units" (for units of measurement); its pk currently is named unit_id. he wanted to name it "unit_pk".