Re: TO_DATE Function unintended behavior when month value is greaterthan 12

От Pantelis Theodosiou
Тема Re: TO_DATE Function unintended behavior when month value is greaterthan 12
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 7:28 PM, Igor Neyman <ineyman@perceptron.com> wrote:

From: naidu rongali [mailto:rongalinaidu@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2018 1:34 PM
To: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject: TO_DATE Function unintended behavior when month value is greater than 12

Attention: This email was sent from someone outside of Perceptron. Always exercise caution when opening attachments or clicking links from unknown senders or when receiving unexpected emails.

Hi,

I noticed this behavior on recent release of PG database. It will be helpful to users, if this behavior is looked into.

When executed below SQL, got unintended output when i expected it to throw error " not a valid month "

SQL executed:
select to_date('20171231','YYYYDDMM')

result:
2019-07-17

Thank you, Naidu

I get this:

ERROR: date/time field value out of range: "20171231" SQL state: 22008

Regards,

Igor Neyman

The error is thrown in version 10 but I get the wrong results in versions 9.3 to 9.6, both in the almost latest (9.3.21, 9.4.16, 9.5.11 and 9.6.7) and today's releases (9.3.22, ..., 9.6.8)

Pantelis Theodosiou

Сообщение: RE: TO_DATE Function unintended behavior when month value is greaterthan 12
Сообщение: Re: TO_DATE Function unintended behavior when month value is greaterthan 12