Re: [HACKERS] Idea on how to simplify comparing two sets

От Pantelis Theodosiou
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Idea on how to simplify comparing two sets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Joel Jacobson <joel@trustly.com> wrote:
 Hi hackers,

Currently there is no simple way to check if two sets are equal.

Looks like no RDBMS in the world has a simple command for it.

You have to do something like:

Introducing new SQL keywords is of course not an option,
since it would possibly break backwards compatibility.

I'm not advocating it but I don't see how introducing new SQL keywords breaks backwards compatibility.

Pantelis Theodosiou