Re: PostgreSQL 12 Beta 1 press release draft

От Pantelis Theodosiou
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 12 Beta 1 press release draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 4:36 PM Pantelis Theodosiou <ypercube@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 1:01 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 5/23/19 1:45 AM, David Rowley wrote:
> On Thu, 23 May 2019 at 15:31, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> Attached is
>> v3 of the patch, along with a diff.
>
> Minor details, but this query is not valid:
>
>> WITH c AS MATERIALIZED (
>>   SELECT * FROM a WHERE a.x % 4
>> )
>> SELECT * FROM c JOIN d ON d.y = a.x;
>
> a.x % 4 is not a boolean clause, and "a" is not in the main query, so
> a.x can't be referenced there.

...that's the only gotcha I'm actually embarrassed about. Fixed.

The   ON d.y = a.x  still needs to be changed to ON d.y = c.x

Pantelis

Another minor point in the sentence  "... which is currently is ...":

> In PostgreSQL 12, the storage interface that is used by default is the heap access method, which is currently is the only built-in method.

But I forgot the most important. Thank you for the new version and all the work that has gone into it!