Re: Fully-automatic streaming replication failover when master dies?

От Susan Cassidy
Тема Re: Fully-automatic streaming replication failover when master dies?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
pgpool-II may do what you want.  Lots of people use it.

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Dmitry Koterov <dmitry.koterov@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello.

I googled 1 hour approximately, but have not found a ready solution for this. So maybe this feature is in PostgreSQL todo-list, or something similar exists somewhere...

Before the actual question, I'd like to give a small analogy. What I mostly love in MongoDB is that it supports a fully transparent scheme of replication failover. If you have >= 3 MongoDB notes (e.g. 1 master and 2 replicas), and the master dies, in a couple of seconds a replica is AUTOMATICALLY elected as a new master, and all other replicas are AUTOMATICALLY begin to follow it. If the dead master is back again suddenly, it first appears as a replica, but in a couple of seconds it becomes a new master back (because it initially had a highest weight assigned), and all replicas become to follow it. All these steps are done automatically and transparently. It just works.

So does something similar and more-or-less stable exist for PostgrSQL too?

P.S.
The links I've found already:
http://www.databasesoup.com - that's it, but too young and, possibly, not yet stable
- repmgr: always referred at StackOverflow (thousands of times), but it does not provide an automatic failover :-)
- pgpool-2: it contains a couple of config options for "failover", but in practice they are too poor to be used in production and with large databases, I believe after reading the docs
- pacemaker's plugin: extremely complex (IMHO) overweighted for this purpose
- EnterpriseDB's solutions: they are not free

Сообщение: Re: Prepared statements and cursors
Сообщение: Re: Prepared statements and cursors