Re: Fwd: PG12 autovac issues

От Justin King
Тема Re: Fwd: PG12 autovac issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:02 AM Michael Lewis <mlewis@entrata.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 9:31 AM Justin King <kingpin867@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 1:40 PM Michael Lewis <mlewis@entrata.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Do you have default fillfactor set on this table? If not, I would wonder if reducing it to 50% or even 20% would
allowmany more HOT updates that would reduce bloat.

>> I don't believe we have a default fillfactor, but I'm still trying to
>> understand why autovacs would completely stop -- that seems like a
>> bug.  Especially since there was no change between PG10 and PG12 and
>> this problem never existed there.
>

> Is there any reason to not schedule vacuum freeze for each db daily? Just curious.

No, not really -- it just feels like a bandaid for something that
should (and was) working already.  It is possible where I'm headed,
but I just thought I'd reach out to the community to see if anyone has
seen or could think of a reason why this might have started by moving
from PG10 > PG12 and whether it was some possible regression.