Re: BUG #16427: pgsql_tmp - temp files not released

От Murali Natti
Тема Re: BUG #16427: pgsql_tmp - temp files not released
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
It again happened today and this time it happened in PG11.4 DB. We had to bounce the instance to clear the space.

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 11:10 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 10:48:58AM -0300, Euler Taveira wrote:
> I wonder if a GUC (cleanup_temp_files_after_crash) is useful for an
> environment that has storage restrictions. This is the second time this
> month that I stumbled on this issue. Of course, I don't expect a postgres
> crash once a while but we know that, due to extensibility, some extensions
> could crash and the only workaround to this issue is to restart service
> (which means a human intervention and an additional downtime).

Sounds like a fair concern to me.  It is annoying to have to do some
manual intervention for some environments under disk pressure.
--
Michael

--
Thanks,