Re: empty range

От Emre Hasegeli
Тема Re: empty range
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It's only suggestion, i don't now if somebody wants store empty range without bounds.

I thought about the same while developing the BRIN inclusion operator
class.  I am not sure how useful empty ranges are in practice, but
keeping their bound would only bring more flexibility, and eliminate
special cases on most of the range operators.  For reference, we allow
empty boxes, and none of the geometric operators has to handle them
specially.