Re: Redefining inet_net_ntop

От Emre Hasegeli
Тема Re: Redefining inet_net_ntop
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> port.h declares inet_net_ntop and we always compile our own from
> port/inet_net_ntop.c .

There is another copy of it under backend/utils/adt/inet_cidr_ntop.c.
The code looks different but does 90% the same thing.  Their naming
and usage is confusing.

I recently needed to format IP addresses as DNS PTR records in the
database, and got annoyed by having no functions that outputs IPv6
addresses in easily parseable format like
0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000:0000.  I was going to send a patch
to unify those C functions and add another SQL function to get
addresses in such format.  Is this a good plan?  Where should those C
functions be on the tree if they are not port of anything anymore?