Re: "pgoutput" options missing on documentation

От Emre Hasegeli
Тема Re: "pgoutput" options missing on documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> To reduce translation efforts, perhaps it is better to arrange for
> these to share a common message.

Good idea.  I've done so.

> Also, I am unsure whether to call these "parameters" or "options" -- I
> wanted to call them parameters like in the documentation, but every
> other message in this function refers to "options", so in my example,
> I mimicked the nearby code YMMV.

It looks like they are called "options" in most places.  I changed the
documentation to be consistent too.

> Since the previous line already said pgoutput is the standard decoding
> plugin, maybe it's not necessary to repeat that.
>
> SUGGESTION
> Using the <literal>START_REPLICATION</literal> command,
> <literal>pgoutput</literal>) accepts the following parameters:

Changed.

> 3.
> I noticed in the protocol message formats docs [1] that those messages
> are grouped according to the protocol version that supports them.
> Perhaps this page should be arranged similarly for these parameters?
>
> For example, document the parameters in the order they were introduced.
>
> SUGGESTION
>
> -proto_version
> -publication_names
> -binary
> -messages
>
> Since protocol version 2:
>
> -streaming (boolean)
>
> Since protocol version 3:
>
> -two_phase
>
> Since protocol version 4:
>
> -streaming (boolean/parallel)
> -origin

This is not going to be correct because not all options do require a
protocol version.  "origin" is added in version 16, but doesn't check
for any "proto_version".  Perhaps we should fix this too.

> 4.
> +       Boolean parameter to use the binary transfer mode.  This is faster
> +       than the text mode, but slightly less robust
>
> SUGGESTION
> Boolean parameter to use binary transfer mode. Binary mode is faster
> than the text mode but slightly less robust

Done.

Thanks for the review.

The new versions are attached.

Вложения