Re: Don't codegen deform code for virtual tuples in expr eval forscan fetch

От Soumyadeep Chakraborty
Тема Re: Don't codegen deform code for virtual tuples in expr eval forscan fetch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Andres,

I don't feel very strongly about the changes I proposed.

> > I completely agree, that was an important consideration.
> >
> > I had some purely cosmetic suggestions:
> > 1. Rename ExecComputeSlotInfo to eliminate the need for the asserts.
>
> How does renaming it do so? I feel like the asserts are a good idea
> independent of anything else?

I felt that encoding the restriction that the function is meant to be called
only in the context of fetch operations in the function name itself
ensured that we don't call it from a non-fetch operation - something the
asserts within ExecComputeSlotInfo() are guarding against.

> > 2. Extract return value to a bool variable for slightly better
> > readability.
>
> To me that seems clearly worse. The variable doesn't add anything, but
> needing to track more state.>

Agreed.

--
Soumyadeep