wal receiver process always start after startup process recovering all WALs and need new WAL?

От Jov
Тема wal receiver process always start after startup process recovering all WALs and need new WAL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I ask this problem because I meet twice recently that the wal receiver process do not start after a long time.

first time:
I change recovery_min_apply_delay from default to 3d on a standby,the standby start but there is no receiver process,and on the master,pg_stat_replication show nothing.After 3 days the standby recover to normal,and I can see it in the pg_stat_replication on the master.

second time:
I change this 3day-behind-slave point to a cascade slave of the master,and the receiver process do not start too,the startup process replay the wal slowly.

I think this behavior for recovery_min_apply_delay is not good,because if the receiver do not fetch the wal for a long time(in these cases it must replay 3d's wal before wal receiver start),the master will delete the wal,and the standby will need be re do.