Re: ALTER .. OWNER TO error mislabels schema as other object type

От Kohei KaiGai
Тема Re: ALTER .. OWNER TO error mislabels schema as other object type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sorry, I oversight this report.

The reason of this confusing error message is originated by incorrect
aclkind being delivered to aclcheck_error() at AlterObjectOwner_internal().

            /* New owner must have CREATE privilege on namespace */
            if (OidIsValid(namespaceId))
            {
                AclResult   aclresult;

                aclresult = pg_namespace_aclcheck(namespaceId, new_ownerId,
                                                  ACL_CREATE);
                if (aclresult != ACLCHECK_OK)
                    aclcheck_error(aclresult, aclkind,
                                   get_namespace_name(namespaceId));
            }

The supplied aclkind represents the property of the object being re-owned,
not a namespace that owns the target object. So, right approach is to
give ACL_KIND_NAMESPACE being hardwired in this case, as
AlterObjectNamespace_internal() doing.

The attached patch fixes this trouble.

postgres=# create role clerks;
CREATE ROLE
postgres=# create role bob in role clerks;
CREATE ROLE
postgres=# create schema foo;
CREATE SCHEMA
postgres=# grant usage on schema foo to bob, clerks;
GRANT
postgres=# create aggregate
postgres-# foo.sum(basetype=text,sfunc=textcat,stype=text,initcond='');
CREATE AGGREGATE
postgres=# alter aggregate foo.sum(text) owner to bob;
ALTER AGGREGATE
postgres=# set role bob;
SET
postgres=> alter aggregate foo.sum(text) owner to clerks;
ERROR:  permission denied for schema foo

Thanks,