Re: Prep object creation hooks, and related sepgsql updates

От Kohei KaiGai
Тема Re: Prep object creation hooks, and related sepgsql updates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2011/11/28 Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr>:
> Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> writes:
>> I found up a similar idea that acquires control on ProcessUtility_hook and
>> save necessary contextual information on auto variable then kicks the
>> original ProcessUtility_hook, then it reference the contextual information
>> from object_access_hook.
>
> In this case that would be an INSTEAD OF trigger, from which you can
> call the original command with EXECUTE. You just have to protect
> yourself against infinite recursion, but that's doable. See attached
> example.

Hmm... In my case, it does not need to depend on the command trigger.
Let's see the attached patch; that hooks ProcessUtility_hook by
sepgsql_utility_command, then it saves contextual information on auto
variables.

The object_access_hook with OAT_POST_CREATE shall be invoked
from createdb() that was also called by standard_ProcessUtility.
In this context, sepgsql_database_post_create can reference
a property that is not contained withint pg_database catalog
(name of the source database).

At least, it may be able to solve my issues on hooks around object
creation time.

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>

Вложения

От: Jaime Casanova
Сообщение: Re: DOMAINs and CASTs
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe