Re: difference in query performance due to the inclusion of a polygon geometry field

От Ivan Marchesini
Тема Re: difference in query performance due to the inclusion of a polygon geometry field
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi Laurenz
Thanks but as I said I have tried using psql directly on the server. And still there is a strong difference between the queries execution time with and without the geometric field.
May be it is a problem of clients but I obtain the same problem with pgadmin, psql and other servers. So I suppose it is not. :-)

Thanks
Ivan

inviato da smartphone

Il giorno 30/nov/2012 15:16, "Albe Laurenz" <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> ha scritto:
ivan marchesini wrote:
> Concerning the problem of the same "running time" I'm really surprised
> but I can confirm that the EXPLAIN ANALIZE time is different from the
> query execution time.
> probably it happen something like this:
> http://bytes.com/topic/postgresql/answers/422841-explain-analyze-total-runtime-walltime
> But we have tried to remove the fk constraints without any improvement
>
> Concerning the client problem, e have tried to execute the query
> directly on the server using psql.
> The difference is still in the order of seconds: around 10 ms VS 5000 ms
>
> many thanks...
>
> other suggestions?

As I said -- could the time be spent on the client?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe