Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Re: [9.4 CF 1] The Commitfest Slacker List
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 25 June 2013 04:13, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On 06/24/2013 10:59 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> On 2013-06-24 10:50:42 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> This project is enormously stingy with giving credit to people.  It's
>>> not like it costs us money, you know.
>> I am all for introducing a "Contributed by reviewing: ..." section in
>> the release notes.
>
> It should be listed with the specific feature.

I don't have a strong opinion about whether the reviewers ought to be
listed all together or with each feature, but I do feel very strongly
that they should be given some kind of credit.

Reviewing is often not all that much fun (compared with authoring) and
as Josh points out, giving proper credit has a "bang for buck"
incentive value that is hard to argue with.

Cheers,
BJ