[libpq] Async Queries and the Order of Execution

От Helmut Dittenwald
Тема [libpq] Async Queries and the Order of Execution
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi everyone!

I have some very simple, single-threaded, client-side C code:

PQsendPrepare(...);
PQsetnonblocking(...);
while(1) {
  PQsendQueryPrepared(...); // [1]
  // Here I PQgetResult and PQclear it when done. Not shown to keep brevity.
}

Now I'm curious whether the queries [1] are executed in the same order as they are being sent..?
My experiments indicate that this is the case, but is it guaranteed?

Best Regards,
HD