Re: [REVIEW] Re: Compression of full-page-writes

От Mitsumasa KONDO
Тема Re: [REVIEW] Re: Compression of full-page-writes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 09:37:07AM -0300, Arthur Silva wrote:
> I agree that there's no reason to fix an algorithm to it, unless maybe it's
> pglz.
Yes, it seems difficult to judge only  the algorithm performance.
We have to start to consider source code maintenance, quality and the other factors..

The big (huge) win for lz4 (not the HC variant) is the enormous compression
and decompression speed. It compresses quite a bit faster (33%) than snappy
and decompresses twice as fast as snappy.
Show us the evidence. Postgres members showed the test result and them consideration.
It's very objective comparing.

Best Regards,
--
Mitsumasa KONDO

От: Arthur Silva
Сообщение: Re: Memory Alignment in Postgres
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Scaling shared buffer eviction