Re: Time-Delayed Standbys

От Mitsumasa KONDO
Тема Re: Time-Delayed Standbys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2013/12/4 Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
On 2013-12-04 22:47:47 +0900, Mitsumasa KONDO wrote:
> 2013/12/4 Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
> When it happened, psql cannot connect standby server at all. I think this
> behavior is not good.
> It should only delay recovery position and can seen old delay table data.

That doesn't sound like a good plan - even if the clients cannot connect
yet, you can still promote the server.
I'm not sure your argument, but does a purpose of this patch slip off?

Just not taking delay into
consideration at that point seems like it would possibly surprise users
rather badly in situations they really cannot use such surprises.
Hmm... I think user will be surprised...

 I think it is easy to fix behavior using recovery flag.
So we had better to wait for other comments.

Regards,
--
Mitsumasa KONDO
NTT Open Source Software Center