Fwd: persistent read cache

От Sand Stone
Тема Fwd: persistent read cache
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Posted to the wrong alias. Just wonder if anyone else feels such a use
case.  Thanks.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sand Stone <sand.m.stone@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 11:34 AM
Subject: persistent read cache
To: pgsql-hackers@lists.postgresql.org

Hi. I wonder if there is such a thing or extension in the PG world.

Here is my use case. I am using PG (PG10 to be more specific) in a
cloud VM environment. The tables are stored in RAID0 managed SSD
backed attached storage. Depending on the VM I am using, I usually
have 256GB local SSD unused.

I wonder if PG could leverage this local SSD as a read (page/block)
cache, to complement/extend  the DRAM by used by shared_buffer today.

Thanks.