Re: [BUGS] BUG #14500: error message displays "schema dot relation"in double quotes all together

От Vladimir Svedov
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14500: error message displays "schema dot relation"in double quotes all together
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Only because when I get the error, I look closely the error message, not to the code I just entered.
In fact I noticed error message and LINE 1 have different quoting only when you told me.

Thank again for your time

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 8:24 AM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 5:09 AM,  <vodevsh@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure if it's a bug or feature, but I find error message misleading.
> ERROR: relation [“schema_name.table_name”] does not exist gives an
> impression that schema name is part of relation name. Should not it be
> ERROR: relation [“schema name”].["table_name"] does not exist instead? I
> doubt it's a bug, because this message seems version not specific. But does
> not it look wrong?

I doubt that it can really be considered a bug, since it is
functioning as designed.

On the other hand, it's annoying for copy/paste, especially with camel
case names.

​While I don't disagree for the examples I've seen​ you would just copy from the LINE 1 of context...

David J.

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #14500: error message displays "schema dot relation" in double quotes all together
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #14500: error message displays "schema dot relation"in double quotes all together