Re: Master-slave failover question

От Sameer Kumar
Тема Re: Master-slave failover question
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

> - SO far I have used pgpool in HA mode to cater to all these points. I
> have
> run into split brain scenario but once detected, you just need to rebuild
> slave and attach it back. Despite split brain my application continues to
> use original master (since Virtual IP has not shifted).

Just curious - once pgpool switches to the slave, it will mark it as primary
(I did not use virtual IPs.) So spli-brain scenarion will not happen,right?

Are you using pgpool in HA mode or you are using pgpool only on Primary/Secondary server? Or using pgpool on a third server?

If you have only one pgpool talking to both master and slave and it performs a failover that should not suffer from split-brain. But yeah, it may at some point think (e.g. in case of a network failure) that both the nodes are lost [esp if it is running on a third server].

I can not think of all the scenarios and hence can not rule out a split brain situation (but I think it is not possible as long as you have only one pgpool).

Сообщение: Re: Master-slave failover question
Сообщение: Re: Master-slave failover question