Re: Fully-automatic streaming replication failover when master dies?

От Sameer Kumar
Тема Re: Fully-automatic streaming replication failover when master dies?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
> I don't think pgpool adds the lost node on its own (once the node is live
> or available again).

That's one of my TODOs. If we limit it to the standby nodes, it will
be safe. I hope this is added to next major version of pgpool-II.

Looking forward to it :-)

> Plus if you have a 3 node replication you need to have
> your own failover_command (as a shell script) which changes the master node
> for 2nd secondary when one of the secondary servers decides to be promoted
> to primary). I hope things will get easy with version 9.4 (I guess in 9.4
> one won't have to rebuild a master node from backup. if the wal files are
> available it will just roll forward).

Yes, if you have multiple candicate standbys to be promoted, you
should make a discion on this. Pgpool-II cannot guess your will.

Can't we decide based on the xlog location replayed on each standby? Whichever is ahead gets the priority (the idea is to lose least number of transactions).

Best Regards,
Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.
101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533
M : +65 8110 0350 T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com
www.facebook.com/ashnikbiz | www.twitter.com/ashnikbiz

email patch

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Вложения