Re: Database and Table stats gets reset automatically

От Sameer Kumar
Тема Re: Database and Table stats gets reset automatically
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, 25 Jul 2016, 10:10 p.m. Adrian Klaver, <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 07/24/2016 09:58 PM, Sameer Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have PostgreSQL v9.4.4 running in my environment. It has been up for
> over 2 years now. I noticed that suddenly the statistics have been reset
> and all the stat tables/columns got restarted from.

Any of these happen?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/monitoring-stats.html
". When recovery is performed at server start (e.g. after immediate
shutdown, server crash, and point-in-time recovery), all statistics
counters are reset."

Nope. This has happened on the standby database. The counter on the master database are still running fine.

There was a period of few days about a month ago when I had to reverse the roles but then I switched them back to the way they were. But recently, I have not done anything which brings the server out of recovery.

> This happened 2 weeks ago. I noticed only recently after I looked at the
> plot over last week (which dipped suddenly for "number of tuples
> returned", "number of conflicts" etc).

Any change in procedures the last two weeks?

Nope. The scripts to capture this data to csv file is very much the same.

> The columns which got reset are from pg_stat_database,
> pg_stat_user_tables, pg_stat_bgwriter
>
> As far I know no one has fired pg_stat_reset or pg_stat_reset_shared.
>
> I noticed that the last largest value is from pg_stat_user_tables.
> tup_returned (470440261405). Does the statistics get reset automatically

tup_returned is in pg_stat_database.

Sorry my bad (a copy paste mistake). Yes I was referring to tup_returned from pg_stat_database. But the various stats in pg_stat_user_tables have also been reset.

What does the stats_reset field show in pg_stat_database?

It says a timestamp from 18th July 2016. Infact all the other statistics views have the same timestamp.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
Best Regards
Sameer Kumar | DB Solution Architect
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069 533

T: +65 6438 3504 | M: +65 8110 0350 | www.ashnik.com

Сообщение: Re: Database and Table stats gets reset automatically
Сообщение: Re: Database and Table stats gets reset automatically