db-engines Ranking for PostgreSQL

От Sameer Kumar
Тема db-engines Ranking for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

I was recently going through the ranking of Databases given by db-engines.com

PostgreSQL was ranked 5th, with a score 7 times lesser than Oracle and 6times lesser than MySQL. You can check their ranking Algorithm over here:

I wrote to them asking to improve the same by considering PostgreSQL user group discussion too for their ranking algorithm. Below is the response I got:

Hi Sameer,
Thank you for your interest in our ranking and for your proposal.
We are always looking for ways to improve the ranking method, and any ideas are very welcome. From the figures we have we don't see a significant advantage or disadvantage for open source systems caused by their specific communication channels, but we will closer investigate your suggestion at our next ranking evaluation.
all the best
Matthias Gelbmann

I am going to provide them with a link where they can track user discussions and its frequency. Is there any consolidated view/search/count for all the different user forums we have in PostgreSQL community?

Best Regards,
Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.
101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069533
M : +65 8110 0350 T: +65 6438 3504 | www.ashnik.com
www.facebook.com/ashnikbiz | www.twitter.com/ashnikbiz

email patch

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).

Вложения