wide row insert via Postgres jdbc driver

От Sameer Kumar
Тема wide row insert via Postgres jdbc driver
Дата
Re: wide row insert via Postgres jdbc driver  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I am working with a vendor and planning to deploy their application on PostgreSQL as backend. They have cautioned the customer that PostgreSQL's jdbc driver v9.1 (build 900) has issues which causes deadlocks while "wide record inserts".

Is there any such known problem which anyone else has encountered in this regards? Has there been any improvements in future builds/releases on this aspect of PostgreSQL drivers/connectors?

I am probably skipping/missing to provide lot of info in this post. I am not sure what other info can be helpful here other than version. The "cautionary advice" is irrespective of platform/hardware.

Regards
Sameer

PS: Sent from my Mobile device. Pls ignore typo n abb