Re: Changes in Trigger Firing

От Sameer Kumar
Тема Re: Changes in Trigger Firing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> CreateTrigStmt is passed to CreateTrigger function as an arguement. I am
> struggling to understand how the values for various members of trigger are
> set and where [which file] calls CreateTrigStmt.
>

> Can someone provide some help on this?

I think you need better tools to guide you in exploring the source code.
For example, you can use cscope to tell you where is CreateTrigStmt
used, and you would find gram.y; and use it to tell you where
CreateTrigger is used, and you would find utility.c.

Thanks for your advice. I was relying on PostgreSQL documentation which was quite helpful so far. Let me try some development tool.

Any half-decent code editor should be able to generate a "database" of
symbols and let you frolic around the various files quickly.  Without
that, anyone would be completely lost in developing new features of even
the lowest complexity.

Got the point!