Re: authentication failure

От Sameer Kumar
Тема Re: authentication failure
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Jayadevan <maymala.jayadevan@gmail.com> wrote:
Sameer Kumar wrote
> This only tells that there is one instance running!
>
> There could be multiple PostgreSQL installations. And I guess that is what
> Tom meant here.

I doubt that was what Tom meant. Anyway, we can see from the error that the
request did reach the server.

Sameer Kumar wrote
> Can you try
> $ which psql
> $ which pg_clt
>
> Can you set your $PGUSER variable to postgres and then try?
>
> $ export $PGUSER=postgres

It is already set.

I suggested this since you mentioned su - postgresql does not give you the same error.

Which user are you using (while you get the error)?

How would which psql is being used have an impact?

I was just trying to understand more about your environment. This will let us know how many installations you have.

What is the value for your $PGDATA, $PGPASSWORD?