Re: Get date timestamp(3) without time zone column - PGSQL 9.5

От Sameer Kumar
Тема Re: Get date timestamp(3) without time zone column - PGSQL 9.5
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 10:59 AM Patrick B <patrickbakerbr@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I got the tasks table that has the tasks_start column:
tasks_start        | timestamp(3) without time zone

select tasks_start from tasks LIMIT 1;
tasks_start
-------------------
2016-08-10 00:30:00

 I'm trying to cast the date, using this query:
SELECT cast(tasks_start as date) FROM "jobs" WHERE "tasks"."deleted" = 'f' AND "tasks"."recurrence_id" = 1 AND (Date(tasks_start) in ('2016-08-10')

You might want to share the version of PostgreSQL you are using.

You might want to try date_trunc and AT TIMEZONE function/operators-

SELECT date_trunc('day', tasks_start at TIME ZONE 'EST')

Note: I have not tried this statement

Is this something you are going to use often? If that is the case then consider to re-model your query. The moment you use an expression on a column it would not use a normal BTree index.

but it doesn't work.. I get 0 rows... what am I doing wrong?

cheers
Patrick
Best Regards
Sameer Kumar | DB Solution Architect
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069 533

T: +65 6438 3504 | M: +65 8110 0350

Skype: sameer.ashnik | www.ashnik.com