Re: Convert boolean field to a 0 or a 1 in a select statement

От Sameer Kumar
Тема Re: Convert boolean field to a 0 or a 1 in a select statement
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

On 13 Jan 2015 22:18, "Zelaznik, Steve" <szelazni@aegonusa.com> wrote:

> I’m more explicit with my CASE statements, explicitly putting the equals sign in place.  Such as in the attachment “explicit_equals.gif”.  I’m not sure how your CASE statement works, but generally you can only omit the equals sign when you’re dealing with a pure Boolean value, such as the other attachment “pure_ bool.gif”.

I guess

Select case col1 when 1 then true when 0 then false end as int_as_bool from table1;

Should work as well (I need to try it out to be sure).

In you case anyways the columns is "pure boolean". So I guess you can skip converting to char in case statement.