Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)

От Carl Karsten
Тема Re: migrations (was Re: To all who wish to unsubscribe)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I would like to remind everyone that
a) we are all friends,
and b) we don't need to reply to everything.

Now for some humour

https://xkcd.com/386/ "someone is wrong on the internet"

Tail of Banana talk, just before Get me off your ... very strong language
https://youtu.be/eC9rmsI7dnw?t=1m32s
(I make videos of presentations, that is a friend giving me something to test new video mixing software.)

And thank you list admins for doing your admin things, both technical and soft.

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Geoff Winkless <pgsqladmin@geoff.dj> writes:
> On 22 November 2017 at 14:19, Vick Khera <vivek@khera.org> wrote:
>> This sounds to me like you're going to run afoul of CAN-SPAM unsubscribe rules. You should re-think this workflow.

> CAN-SPAM only applies to commercial email, "the primary purpose of
> which is the commercial advertisement or promotion of a commercial
> product or service”. This is a discussion mailing list and as such
> does not come under the remit of CAN-SPAM.

Even if it did, you do not need a community account to unsubscribe,
only if you want to adjust your subscription in some other way.

Carl K