proposal GSoC 2015 task: Allow access to the database via HTTP

От Вадим Горбачев
Тема proposal GSoC 2015 task: Allow access to the database via HTTP
Дата
Re: proposal GSoC 2015 task: Allow access to the database via HTTP  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
tothe database via HTTP". <br /><br />But before drawing up the demand in GSOC I wanted to consult here. Therefore I
willbe grateful to comments from attendees here!<br /><br />1. I think, will better use access to DB through the
stand-aloneprogram which not necessarily has to be on the same server. At least because it will give certain freedom in
clustersystems.<br /><br />2. Whether it is obligatory to use a programming language C for this purpose? After all as
thestand-alone program ( frontend ) it has to be not necessarily written in the same programming language as the server
(backend ). I would prefer to use the python language for writing as I consider that this language is more clear to
systemadministrators + to bring much more simply editings in a code.<br /><br />3. What you will advise what to pass a
selectionstage in GSOC 2015 from postgresql?)<br /><br />PS: my English is poor. I ask you to forgive me for it.<br