Fwd: proposal GSoC 2015 task: Allow access to the database via HTTP

От Вадим Горбачев
Тема Fwd: proposal GSoC 2015 task: Allow access to the database via HTTP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
liketo solve a problem of "Allow access to the database via HTTP". <br /><br />But before drawing up the demand in GSOC
Iwanted to consult here. Therefore I will be grateful to comments from attendees here!<br /><br />1. I think, will
betteruse access to DB through the stand-alone program which not necessarily has to be on the same server. At least
becauseit will give certain freedom in cluster systems.<br /><br />2. Whether it is obligatory to use a programming
languageC for this purpose? After all as the stand-alone program ( frontend ) it has to be not necessarily written in
thesame programming language as the server ( backend ). I would prefer to use the python language for writing as I
considerthat this language is more clear to system administrators + to bring much more simply editings in a code.<br
/></div>