Re: pg_upgrade < 9.3 -> >=9.3 misses a step around multixacts

От Stuart Bishop
Тема Re: pg_upgrade < 9.3 -> >=9.3 misses a step around multixacts
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 21 July 2014 00:37, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> I'm a bit inclined to not say anything about fix procedures in the release
> notes, because I'm not sure that this is a problem in the field.  If
> anybody did have a wraparound they'd be getting bleats from VACUUM, and no
> one has reported any such thing that I've heard.

I hit the issue, but Andres helped on IRC (and so started this
thread). Yes, VACUUM failing on a production server after the 9.1->9.3
upgrade was the problem. I'd assumed there was database corruption and
I had some unreadable blocks, and probably would have just rebuilt the
table if #postgresql hadn't been so helpful.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/