Re: Is Synchronous Postgresql Replication Slower Than Asynchronous?

От Stuart Bishop
Тема Re: Is Synchronous Postgresql Replication Slower Than Asynchronous?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 3:31 AM, Jerry Richards
<jerry.richards@teotech.com> wrote:
> Is synchronous postgresql replication slower than asynchronous?  If so, how
> much?  I am looking into database replication for a phone system, so the
> response time is of concern.

You might want to investigate pgpool-ii. It sits as a proxy between
the client and the databases, and as queries are executed
simultaneously, a synchronous replication setup should be just as fast
as an unreplicated setup.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/